20 July 2015

A little triptych

Back in the day shall we say, I created a few triptyches (that's so difficult to say) and I'd forgotten how much fun they were.

I decided to recreate that amusement with a quirky and colourful triptych for this months challenge.


I started out with three chipboard pieces from Tando which were in my stash. I didn't have three the same size but in the end I don't think that really matters. I painted the background with Dylusions paints in Turquoise and cut grass, using a foam roller to blend the paint. I used the same paint colours to stencil through Tim Holtz layering stencils which just helped to add some depth to the background.


The adorable fishes are Dylusions stamps and I used Derwent Inktense pencils to colour them in.


To really make their little eyes pop, I added a dot of enamel accents in the centre. I loved the look of the dots so much I used the white one to add the bubbles here and there.



If you fancy joining in the challenge this month just go to the challenge page here and link up to the linky gallery.

Jaine

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh Jaine, this is an absolute Delight! The colours are bright, the fish are fabulous, fun & quirky. Really like the enamel dots as bubbles too. I WANT ALL the products. Yikes!? I do remember tryptyches being around a few years ago & wanted to do one then. Yours has reminded me think about one again (even if tricky to say & spell. Lol).... Tfs

Karen Petitt said...

That is gorgeous, love the ugly fish/creatures because they are all so quirky. Wonderful use of colour and texture, have pinned this to one of my inspiration boards on Pinterest, thanks for sharing Karen