14 July 2015

Back to Art Journaling - feel it...



So I am back with another Art Journal page in my beloved emotional and free style. Hope it doesn't scare anyone...;)
This spread is a combination of collage, inks and paints plus some metal embellishments. I don't really plan particularly the page as said before I just wait for the process to indicate me what to do and what direction to move, so that page came out somehow out of the blue...But I like it as it's authentic and free.



I started with white Dina Wakley gesso as this is an ordinary book and even after gluing pages together the paper is not the best for wet mediums. Then I used Dr Ph.Martin's Bombay India Inks in few different ways:

  • dropped them directly on the page 
  • splashed water on them
  • sprayed water on them
  • moved page around to let them mix
  • let dry a little bit and rubbed into page


I also used some Dina Wakley acrylic paint and spread it with a credit card.

The busy right side page was built by gluing random bits of paper, tickets and other papers plus a scrap of lace.Once I chose the image I thought that it would go perfectly with a crackled background, so I used Distress Crackle Paint to paint some areas. Here is the close up:


I also used some black pens and few different ink pads to add more colour. The stamp "collect moments" is from the latest Finnabair collection that is just sooo tempting...


The final touches were attaching the metal elements with Dina Wakley gel medium and adding some text from a vintage book.

Hope you enjoy that page!
Honorata








6 comments:

Helen said...

wow, this page is gorgeous!! I love the way you've put this together. TFS

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful page, love the colours you've chosen and the design is very pleasing!

Moira said...

love this

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh, this page is stunning. That image does evoke emotion (for me). The crackle, additional metal, texture & your chosen colours..... Superb! The kind of page I'd be chuffed to have created. Oh & I also like how you underlined parts of text. C

Unknown said...

Just love you work - this page is beautiful xx

Karin said...

Wow, this looks great!
Groetjes Karin