18 July 2015

Quirky Dylusional Character !!!

Morning everyone, Tracy here with today's post....

I've been playing around a lot lately with the new dylusions paints and I have to say I have really fallen in love with them. The colours are fabulous and they dry super quickly (which is good for me as I'm so impatient when I'm creating !!!)

I love all the quirky character stamps out on the market at the moment but unfortunately they are never big enough for me. I like to work in my large dylusions journal and I want my characters to fill the pages so I decided to create my own......



I started by painting the background with the dylusions paint in turquoise and red. I always use Dina's brushes when painting and they are perfect for the dylusions paint as well. I used some of Dyan's stamps with black archival ink and stencils with white dylusions paint to add interest to the background. 



Once the background was dry I sketched a basic outline of my character and then filled in the outline with Dina's White gesso to give a good base for the drawing. 


Then it was on to the best bit of actually creating my character. I took a mix of inspirations from the Internet, cobbled them together to bring her to life. I did some very basic face shading using dylusions pink, orange, red and white, with the gorgeous turquoise (my favourite) for the eyes, and black for the hair. 


The dress was painted in dylusions yellow and then once dry I went around all of the outlines with a black waterproof pen in a scratchy scribbly style. I love my newly created character and at approx 11 inches high she is the perfect size for my page. 

Thank you for stopping by

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
Xx

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Dylusions are fab, hoping I'll have enough pennies to get more... The colours are so vibrant.
Your character is really quirky, such a personality. Wish I could draw....

Karen Petitt said...

She is gorgeous! Love the wonderful colours you have used. Fabulous inspiration, thanks for sharing Karen