06 July 2015

Old School New School !!

What better way to show you care than a hand painted birthday card ???

Like many of us I started out as a old school card maker and still possess lots of left over card blanks and envelopes which rarely see the light of day since I discovered my new mixed media passion.....

No more !!

I am on a mission at the moment to use up lots of old supplies that are gathering dust in drawers, cupboards, boxes and bags in every room in the house (yes I do have that much to use up !!) 


I used Dina's fabulous paints in lime and turquoise to create my background on a brown Kraft card scratching patterns into the wet paint with the end of my paint brush !!! (I always use Dina's brushes they are fabulous). I then allowed this to dry before roughly sketching out my flower. I painted the flower with Dina's magenta acrylic paint and allowed to dry. 


Once dry I used my fabulous Rranger Fudeball black marker pen to add detail around my flower and to also add an outline to the painted area. Finally using it to write the word 'Thirty'
I added some further details with a white pen to finish off. 


Just for fun I decided to add a matching envelope design and repeated the processes and colours again on a smaller scale in the corner of the envelope. 

It's a long way from the cards I used to make in my 'card making' days but love that I can use my new found passion for paints and inks etc to take me back to my old school roots in a new school way !!! 

Thanks for stopping by today

Bright and painted hugs
Tracy
Xxx

10 comments:

Pat Crossland said...

Great idea Tracy and love your flowers.....cannot wait for my workshop with you later in the year at AFTH....
Pat

Donna Arkle (DizzyDee) said...

Great idea Tracy and I love your lush colours as always!! hugs xxx

heARTistry said...

Thank you Pat. Will be good to see you xx

heARTistry said...

Thank you Donna. You are too kind as always. See you soon x

Karen Petitt said...

That is gorgeous! Love those rich colours and your flower is fabulous Karen

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful card, I love those bright colours !
Corrie

Craftyfield said...

Good on you to try and use up your stash in a new way. Of course we should all follow your example in a bid to rationalise our supplies so they don't overtake the house... Lovely colours, fresh design.

heARTistry said...

Thanks Karen. You are very kind xx

Caroline said...

Not sure I get the "old school" part as I still use card blanks? Some are the ones I bought as a set of 100 about 8 years ago, others in more recent years. My "topper" part though has changed massively since discovering mixed media.
Your flower is really whimsy, I like the simplistic drawing nature of it. DW colours are gorgeous!

heARTistry said...

Thank you ladies. You are too kind x