10 December 2014

12 Brands of Christmas *Brand 5* Dr P H Martin

Hello!
Welcome to day five of our 12 Products of Christmas!
Today, we're showcasing... 
 Dr P H Martins Bombay inks are a great addition to any crafty stash! The inks are lightfast, waterproof Indian inks, which hold a line without spreading. The inks give a strong opaque colour, and are ideal for calligraphy, drawing, and any kind of mixed media application!
The range has a fabulous array of colours:
From the bright and vibrant to subtle vintage tones....
The inks are sold individually in a 30ml bottle (with integral dropper), or in sets of 15ml vials, as in the picture.
Dr P H Martin inks can be found HERE in the shop over at A Sprinkle Of Imagination!

I love using these inks, and you can find many projects on the blog where I've used them. I love the fact that they are waterproof once dry, you can layer them to your hearts content with no worries of any bleeding, and the gorgeous colours are right up my street! One of my favourite techniques is a very simple one, simply add a drop or two of ink, then spritz with water. Dry immediately, and you have a gorgeous background..

Don't forget about our wonderful prize on offer during our Christmas event, simply leave a comment for EACH of our 12 Designers of Christmas over the whole month, and you'll be in with a chance of winning a bumper prize: 12 products, one product from each featured brand we are showcasing throughout the month! Missed a designer? Simply scroll back though the blog to make sure you have commented on each one.
You will have all of December to leave your comments, we will be announcing the winner on Twelfth Night (just to continue with our '12' theme!..... that's actually January 6th!)

See you tomorrow for another stunning project from one of our 12 Designers of Christmas!

18 comments:

Laura said...

That background is stunning!

Craftyfield said...

The Bombay inks have been on my wish list for a long time. Love the fact that once dry any layer on top doesn't bother them.

Karen Petitt said...

Once again a product I don't know much about but now need! Love your gorgeous inky background. I also love making my own backgrounds so I will add these to my never ending list of goodies I need to buy! Karen x

Unknown said...

This background is awesome!!! I really want to try these. They are actually on my Christmas list , but winning a set would be nicer!!! TFS

Glennis F said...

A new product to me - but the look fantastic. I love the background you made with them

Caroline said...

I am so glad you explained about these inks as I own 2 (blue & yellow). My experience hasn't been too successful so they stay on a shelf unused. Having seen your stunning results & great advice, perhaps I'll try again. Will certainly check out the smaller bottles. Thanks again, Trish!! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like an awesome product!

Tracy said...

So beautiful ... my list of things I neeeed to have is rapidly getting longer lol!! Xxx

Kirsten said...

I keep telling myself I don't need these inks, but that background means they're tempting me even more. Wonder if it's too late to put them on my Christmas wish list..........?

Rita Montgomery said...

Very beautiful background. Would love to try this once I get some Dr. Ph Martin inks.

K J D said...

Never tried this product.... love the effect they give. Such great colours.

Karen

Linda said...

Gorgeous! The background is stunning .... another thing to add to the 'Wish list' xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

These look very fun!

Kirsti said...

Oooh these look great...lots of lovely colours...x

Unknown said...

Simply stunning!

Nikki W said...

I have India ink markers, but no bottles if product - yet! Lol these look awesome, on my Xmas list ...

Cocofolies said...

These inks look fantastic, they are on my wishlist.. :)

Jackie PN said...

Love those colors with that snowflake- beautiful!