01 December 2014

12 Designers of Christmas : Day One: WELCOME!

HELLO!
It's December 1st...so that means.....drum roll...... the start of our 
HUGE,
 MASSIVE, 
GINORMOUS,

 12 Designers at Christmas blog extravaganza!

Right up until Christmas Eve, we will be featuring a fabulous project by a guest designer, or showcasing an exciting big Brand every single day! Yep, you read that right.. 
Every. Single. Day!
So, bookmark the blog and check back often, we have loads to share in the run up to Christmas 2014!

Right..best get on with it then.....

I've drawn the short straw (!!) and I'm up first! Now, I need you to be gentle with me today, this is the first time I've shared one of my 'people' with the world. Up until now they have been creations for my eyes only, but I thought I should get a grip and show you lot as well! Here is my Sprinkle Fairy...
 My background is a simple painty creation. I gessoed my cardboard base, then whilst it was still wet, smeared on some blue and green. More gesso stencilling, and printed on gesso dots for snowflakes. I used a Posca paint pen to draw on some flakes too!
Then, on to the figure. Sketched out roughly, then coloured with a mixture of Neocolours, paint and watercolour pencils. A little fineliner black pen to highlight a few details, and my Sprinkle fairy was born....

ASOI products used:

And now the exciting bit! As well as our 12 designers, we will be showcasing 12 brands this December too. We have a large prize box all ready and waiting, containing one product from EACH of those 12 showcased brands! To win this box of fabulousness, all you need to do is leave a comment on EACH of the blog posts of our 12 designers. My blog post today is the first, you'll need to comment on the post of each of the eleven designers that will be coming along every other day until the 23rd. The posts will be open for comments right until the end of the month, then a name will be randomly chosen and announced as the winner on 12th Night (6th January)

So.....we're up and running! Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see which big brand is being showcased!
Have a fabulous week!
Love, Trish
 xxxxxxxx


33 comments:

K J D said...

She is really cute... love her little wand.....

Well done for sharing :)

Karen

Paula Whittaker said...

wow what cant you turn your hand too! Fab work/creation. Love it :)

Laura said...

She is sweet. I love the 3d star for her wand.

jaine drake said...

What a way to start Trish, absolutely gorgeous. (by the way don't count me in for the prize):)xxx

ElizabethR said...

She is fabulous I love her xxx

Julia S-W said...

So creative! You can turn your hand to any art genre.
Julia x

Tracy said...

She is beeeautiful Trish...lover her!!!♥♥♥♥

Linda said...

She's absolutely gorgeous Trish ..... I love her!! Linda xx

My name is Cindy said...

just lovely!!

Glennis F said...

Lovely Trish, how many more hidden talents do you have?

ElaineC said...

Great start Trish! You are so talented to be able to draw such a wonderful Fairy. Thanks for all the inspiration xx

Claire said...

She is lovely, I really like the shape of her face and eyes. Claire x

Alison said...

I love your little fairy Trish, she's beautiful!
Alison x

Kirsten said...

She is so sweet - a perfect Christmas fairy.

Sarah said...

Fabulous use of the neocolor 2s.

Annie Stamps said...

Oohhh she's gorgeous Trish. Haven't seen this blog before so will have to have a good look around:) xx Annie P

Kirsti said...

Very sweet...would love to draw and paint like this...but sadly time and patience is scarce:0(

Lovely little fairy..xx

Unknown said...

I am in love with your sprinkle fairy! Thank you for sharing her (and your project).

Caroline said...

Wow, she's so fairytastic! Her face is beautiful & your skills at colouring her are brilliant!! Loooooook at her... :)

Craftyfield said...

Love your fairy, wish I could draw like that!

Gez Butterworth said...

Adorable girl ♥

Karen Petitt said...

That is so very pretty. She is great Trish, love the look in her eyes - a naughty little sparkle lol! The want and wings on the printed paper are fabulous and I love the texture and colours of the base. I have been too nervous until recently to dip into mixed media and I never thought of using cardboard!
Your project has inspired me and I will dabble into more MM projects after Xmas! Karen x

Ruth said...

Fabulous fairy, so lovely! x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Gorgeous! Sprinkle fairy is beautiful and so is the background!

michelegeorgern said...

Your fairy is beautiful!

Unknown said...

You should have been sharing this beautiful little fairy ! She's beautiful. I love the background as well. It's simple, yet very effective. Great piece. TFS

ForgedinPaper said...

Such a cute fairy. Looking forward to seeing the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet fairy!

Nikki W said...

She is just perfect, love the background x

Scrapmate said...

Oh she is be-u-ti-full! I love the wintry colours you have used.

Cocofolies said...

She's FA-BU-LOUS.... As many of us certainly, I'm a huge admirer of all your amazing works Trish!!!! xx

Little Artbee said...

Well done Trish! Your sweet Fairy looks very good. There is great harmony between background and motif.I love your fairy picture so much.
Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Jackie PN said...

Your lil angel is so sweet and adorable! And I am so glad you chose now to have your debut of her!1 Beautiful really Trish!!