03 December 2014

12 Designers of Christmas *Designer 2* Jaine Drake


That's me - ha ha. I'm so happy and proud to be a part of this amazing line up, I can promise the rest of the time between now and Christmas day is a true feast. 

Anyway, for my post I thought I'd share a spread in my Christmas journal. Whether I'm doing a December Daily or not I still have a special Christmas journal which I've had on the go for a couple of years now. It has Kraft pages which is perfect for a Christmas feel and I like to keep some parts of the page free from colour and embellishment just so I can still see the Kraft paper beneath.


I started with a base layer of Picket Fence Distress paint and Dylusions White Linen ink spray. Then I added some Golden Crackle paste through a Crafters Workshop stencil called Punchinella and threw on some glitter before it dried.


I layered up a few paper off cuts, used a bit of scrap paper which had been used for spraying on to create a tree and brought in some details like the number 3 stenciled with a Tim Holtzs layering stencil called Numbered.


Here's a closer look at the details.


 I think the splash of red thread brings the page to life.


I emphasized the number with a white journaling pen. 


I hope you liked my inspirational pages. Stick around for the rest of our Designers who'll be bringing you some gorgeous projects. Leave a comment here and on the other Designers projects to win a prize.


Jaine x

24 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

fab pages/LO

ElizabethR said...

Fabulous pages and I love that tree!!! Elizabeth xxx

Linda said...

Gorgeous journal layout ..... I love all the detail in the background and the touch of red gives a real festive feel! xx

Tracy said...

Loving your Dec pages Jaine. ..especially that gorgeous tree xxxx

Laura said...

Love the addition of glitter to the paste :)

Karen Petitt said...

So very gorgeous! Must get a kraft journal next time I'm out! Love the shimmer and shine and the texture too! Also need some Dylusion white ink spray too!
Thank you Jaine for the fabulous inspiration - I now know I don't have to work with just dark colours when playing with MM products! Karen x

Craftyfield said...

Love Kraft too, didn't know you get a journal in that colour! Your page is full of lovely details, like the tree made of a circle if I am not mistaken.

K J D said...

Love all the gorgeous layers and details. Great idea to keep a separate journal for Christmas.

Karen

Glennis F said...

Love all your pages - stunning!

jasann said...

Just love these Christmas pages, they are lovely and a keepsake, thanks for sharing!!!!

Kirsten said...

I love these pages, they're wonderful & leaving some of the kraft visible makes everything else really stand out.

Sarah said...

I really like the Kraft pages of your journal. And I like the idea of a journal for this time of year, to be added to, year after year.

Ruth said...

Great journal pages, love using Kraft paper as a background! x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous pages and a great idea to have a kraft paper background for all that lovely texture!

Caroline said...

Oh, I do so luurvve your Christmas tree. I use left overs from spraying but not so creatively. Great background, layering (wish I could sew) & I did laugh at "bring it on", great sentiment! Kraft card is always a winner too. Tfs

michelegeorgern said...

I love your Christmas journal. Now I have a kraft paper journal to my want list.

Unknown said...

I love the craft paper idea in a Christmas journal. It really does make it feel more 'Christmassy '. TFS

ForgedinPaper said...

I just love the Kraft background and a Christmas art journal spread.

Kirsti said...

Love kraft background and lots of great textures...brilliant.x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pages!

Nikki W said...

Lovely idea to have a Christmas journal. Love your layout.

Cocofolies said...

You can't know it as I don't come on your blog very often, but I love you Jane :) Love your creativeness, your fun and great creations that always surprise me or make me smile, your generosity and curious mind that emerges from all your makes and step-by-steps, each time it's different, also very inspiring. Hope my English is correct... :) Thank you for being so creative!!! Coco xx

Claire said...

Lovely pages, love the pops of red which go great against the kraft and white background! Claire x

Jackie PN said...

What a fab journal spread loaded with a cast of color and texture!! Love it Jaine!